It is one of the world’s most successful benefit events and the most coveted ticket in town during the Cannes International Film Festival. On May 25, 2017 amfAR returns to the fabled Hôtel du Cap for the 24th annual amfAR Gala Cannes. To date, this spectacular, star-studded event has raised more than $190 million for amfAR’s life-saving research programs and has helped keep the fight against AIDS in the global media spotlight.
amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education and advocacy. Since 1985, amfAR has invested more than $480 million in its programs and has awarded more than 3,300 grants to research teams worldwide.
AUCTION RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. amfAR will accept advance bids on all auction items until 12:00 p.m. (CET) Wednesday, May 24, 2017. The live auction will take place during amfAR Gala Cannes starting at 6:00 p.m. (CET) Thursday, May 25, 2017.
2. All bids are binding and cannot be withdrawn.
3. The highest bidder as determined by amfAR at the close of the auction lot will win the item or service.
4. Every effort has been made to describe auction items accurately. However, all items are sold “as is” and “where is” without warranty or representation of any kind as to accuracy of description, authenticity, value, or fitness for any purpose. By participating in the auction, each bidder recognises and agrees that amfAR is not liable for any occurrence stemming from the use of the auctioned items or services. All sales are final - refunds and exchanges are not allowed.
5. Winning bidders should telephone the amfAR Gala Cannes office at +33 4 22 46 01 23 by 5:00 p.m. (CET) Friday, May 26, 2017 and make payment to amfAR by Friday, June 2, 2017. amfAR accepts American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover. amfAR will also accept checks made out in USD or wire transfers of funds. amfAR’s permanent office may be reached at +1 212 806 1611.
6. Successful bidders will be responsible for applicable taxes and any out-of-town shipping or delivery costs, even if arranged by amfAR, unless otherwise noted.
7. All auctioned items are subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the donors. Purchases that are subject to future fulfilment, such as travel or entertainment items, depend on the schedules of both the purchaser and the donors of the items. amfAR is not responsible if mutually agreeable times and locations cannot be reached.
8. No refund can be given for purchases/packages not fulfilled within one year of purchase or within the time period reflected in each individual auction lot description.
9. All items have been acquired by amfAR for the auction. These items are sold by amfAR and not by the donors.